Maharashtra schools to re-open from Today: All you need to Know

Maharashtra schools to re-open from Today: All you need to Know

Schools in Maharashtra for classes First to Twelve will be re-opened today with COVID-19 protocols and guidelines, Varsha Gaikwad, the Maharashtra School Education Minister, said last week.

The School Education Department of Maharashtra has also decided to open pre-primary schools from 24th January.

"We have also decided to re-open pre-primary schools from 24th January."

Meanwhile, Aaditya Thackeray, Maharashtra Minister, said, "We've not made students' physical presence mandatory in schools. A few districts are opening schools, and a few districts are not. Parents may send their wards with permission. We request everyone to follow COVID19-appropriate behavior."

While the BMC has allowed schools to re-open in Mumbai, the Maharashtra government has allowed local bodies to re-open schools after evaluating the COVID-19 situation in their corresponding areas.

However, students will not be mandatory to attend physical classes where schools re-open. In cities like Aurangabad and Pune, it has been decided to keep schools shut while classes continue online.

Maharashtra schools to re open from Today All you need to Know 1unsplash image

Read More: Not Compulsory to send children to school: Aditya Thackeray

Also, As per the PTI report, about 62 percent of surveyed parents in Maharashtra are unwilling to send their children to school from 24th January, amid the state government's decision to re-open schools from Monday 24th January.

The result was based on a survey conducted by the online community platform LocalCircle across tier-I, tier-II/III, and tier-IV cities that received 4,976 responses.

Of the total, 67 percent of respondents were men, and the remaining 33 percent were women.

Immediate after the onset of the Omicron-led third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Maharashtra government had on 8th January ordered the closure of all schools and colleges in the state till 15th February to contain the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile, Maharashtra reported 40,805 COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing its tally to 75,07,225, while 44 death put the toll at 1,42,115, a health department official said. He said that the discharge of 27,377 people during the day brought the recovery tally to 70,67,955, leaving Maharashtra with 2,93,305 active cases.

Follow Us

Popular Post